USA Diary: Niagara Falls and Chicago





 Hey everyone!!

I hope you enjoyed my last post about my holiday in USA. So to continue our digital journey I'm gonna tell you about Niagara falls and Chicago!

So after New York we rented out a car and drove to Niagara Falls Village. To start the day of in a good mood we had some amazing breakfast at a little restaurant near our hotel ( it was literally like 10 feet away from our hotel). Unfortunately I do not remember the name of this restaurant, which is also kind of funny because we went there to eat breakfast every day.
(My mouth gets watery just from looking at these butter milk pancakes...) 


 We actually spent the whole day in our car so there aren't a lot of pictures from that day. We reached the Niagara Falls Village late in the evening and decided to see how the falls look at night.



 As you know Niagara falls is on the border between USA and Canada: USA has two falls and Canada has only one. So in this picture above we can see Canada! We didn't go there though because it requires a visa to enter Canada and we didn't have those done.

The magnificent falls at night.



 The next day we went to visit the falls again, but this time at daylight. It was really windy and kinda cold so we had to dress up warm, but ironically all I brought was summery clothes, since I thought it was going to be hot all the time.



 Outfit details:

Jeans ZARA/ Sweatshirt ZARA



Before coming here I had never seen any pictures of Niagara Falls so I was expecting quite a lot, so when I first saw them I was a little disappointed because I thought they were going to be like 200 meters tall and 200 meters wide. But the next day I saw them in a different light the view was spectacular. Re watching these pictures again makes me really miss it. 




 We spent about half a day there and continued to travel to Chicago! Have you guys ever seen the film The Bridges of Madison County? It's the one where Meryl Streep ( the Best (yes capital B) actress ever) plays this sad house wife who has a brief romance with a photographer who's  just passing through their little town. The photographer in that film ( played by Clint Eastwood) is there to photograph these wooden bridges. So as fans of this film we just had to stop to take a photograph of this little bridge. Although this is not the real bridge that is seen on the film, but still it was close enough for us.


 After spending a night at a hotel we continued traveling. On our to do list that day was to visit an Amish town. The Amish are a group of people who live by the ways of the 18th century. It was very interesting to se people living differently, but I thought that this little city was made more for the tourists than for the real Amish people.




 After visiting the Amish community we stopped by one of the beaches just to relax and enjoy some ice cream.


 Outfit details:

T-shirt ZARA/ Jeans ZARA



 In Chicago we stayed at this nice hotel called Wyndham. These two round skyscrapers (they're called Marina City) were my favorite ones and as it happens we could see them from our hotel room window. Chicago was so much more beautiful than I expected and it left a really big impression on me.





 On our first day in Chicago we went down to The Millennium Park and saw something very very interesting. It was a Saturday morning and there were like 200 people exercising. There was music playing and these two women were showing what to do, but it was a really weird. Good weird. We don't have things like this back home so we were really surprised. But I think that it's just great that people take their time to wake up early on a Saturday morning just to exercise. It's really amazing.


 One of the biggest attractions in  Millennium park is the Cloud Gate sculpture (which just looks like a big bean).  This huge metallic bean looks like it came from outer space, but some how it fits between these skyscrapers, who kinda look like beings from an other world too.



 Outfit details:

Shirt EXPRESS/ Shorts ZARA/ Handbag ZARA/ Shoes ALDO





 Another thing to see in  Millennium Park are the Crown Fountains. Basically they are these 15 meters high glass brick towers that show over 900 faces of different residents of Chicago. The faces change every 15 minutes. The people on these fountains are smiling, winking and doing stuff like that and then they put their lips together and water comes flowing making it look like their the ones who are spitting the water.


This is the Buckingham Fountain ( it looks like Chicago really loves its fountains).  It's located in The Grant Park and is one of the largest fountains in the world.





 It was really hot that day 28 degrees Celsius (approximately 82 Fahrenheit) we decided to go to the beach. Chicago is located between The Great Lakes so we had a lot to choose from.  We spent a relaxing aftrenoon there.



After the beach we decided to explore Chicago some more. So we just walked around the city.




 Then we went to Navy Pier and had a perfect end to a perfect day while enjoying the view of those magnificent skyscrapers. As you can probably see I'm a sucker for skyscrapers.



 We spent most of our second day in Chicago shopping, but we still had time to walk around the beautiful streets of Old Town Chicago.




 Bought this amazing pair in TOP SHOP!!! I was looking for shoes like these and when I found them I almost screamed in joy!



 Nigh time Chicago is so magical. We took a stroll down Millennium Park every day we were there. Every time we saw the Crown fountains or the Cloud Gate bean it looked more and more beautiful than the day before.



 We started our third and last day in Chicago by going on top of the Willis tower.  It's the 8 highest building in the world. The tower has these 7 glass boxes where you can stand and take pictures on. I'm not the one whose afraid of heights, but as soon as I stepped on one of those glass floors and looked down I froze. But I still got to enjoy this spectacular view of Chicago. 





 As we were about to leave we saw that there was this professional photographer who was taking pictures so I talked my parents into taking a picture with me. It wasn't so scary the second time.
 


 After the Willis Tower we went on a bout tour and saw even more skyscrapers.




  

Those magnificent round brothers. 



  


Outift details:

Jeans ZARA/ Shoes ALDO/ Shirt EXPRESS/ Jacket MANGO/ Handbag ZARA



 One more thing Chicago is famous for is their deep dish pizzas. We found this cute authentic pizzeria and had the greatest dinner ever. And I have to say that it was delicious.



 One last stroll around Chicago...



 





I hope you enjoyed traveling with me through Chicago! In the next post I'm going to tell you about Las Vegas and The Grand Canyon.

xoxo



Photo credit to my photographer - Dad.


Komentarų nėra:

Rašyti komentarą